Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A former co-worker of mine hosted an Octoberfest party a few years ago and served this potato dish. It was a huge hit with everyone who attended! It is, by far, the most creamy and flavorful potato dish that I have ever eaten. The recipe is from the October 1992 issue of Bon Appetite.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Overlap 1/3 of potatoes in prepared dish.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons dillweed and 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layering twice, using 1/4 cup of potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon dillweed and 1 cup cheese for each layer.
- Whisk cream, stock, and mustard in bowl.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is crusty and brown (about 1 hour).
- Cool 10 minutes and serve.
Another winner! Who can resist Gruyere? Made for spring PAC 09
We really enjoyed the potatoes prepared this way. The mustard is a nice addition. These creamy, flavourful potatoes were easy to make. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe Southern Polar Bear.