1 hr 20 mins
Southern Polar Bear's Note:
A former co-worker of mine hosted an Octoberfest party a few years ago and served this potato dish. It was a huge hit with everyone who attended! It is, by far, the most creamy and flavorful potato dish that I have ever eaten. The recipe is from the October 1992 issue of Bon Appetite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Butter 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- 3Overlap 1/3 of potatoes in prepared dish.
- 4Season generously with salt and pepper.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons dillweed and 1 cup cheese.
- 6Repeat layering twice, using 1/4 cup of potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon dillweed and 1 cup cheese for each layer.
- 7Whisk cream, stock, and mustard in bowl.
- 8Pour over potatoes.
- 9Bake until potatoes are tender and top is crusty and brown (about 1 hour).
- 10Cool 10 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gratin With Mustard and Gruyere Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.1
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 308.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g