Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy recipe for a time-consuming dish. The potatoes are cooked a bit in the cream before baking so don't worry about them not getting done. I have made this and it is quite delicious and rich. I think it could serve more than the 4 the original recipes states. From Martha Stewart.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter an 8 inch square (2 quart) baking dish, set aside.
- In a large sauce pan combine cream, goat cheese, and garlic; season with salt and pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice crosswise 1/8 inch thick; add to cream mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook until potatoes are crisp-tender, 12 to 15 minutes, taste during this time to check seasonings.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish; using a spatula, press potatoes into cream to cover.
- Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet, bake until golden and potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
DELISH!!! I didn't add enough salt while cooking so when it was time to eat, had to add some and that made it perfect!! So creamy, smells wonderful. The kids didn't enjoy but the grownups LOVED.