Cook1 hr 45 mins
My recipe. I would be happy to serve this to guests.
Make and share this Potato Gratin With Apple, Pancetta and Swiss recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Red Bliss potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large golden delicious apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces pancetta, browned and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 8 ouces cave-aged gruyere or 8 ounces mild swiss cheese, grated
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into tiny cubes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- aluminum foil, to cover
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss potatoes and apple in a large mixing bowl with salt, pepper, cheese, and half of the crumbled pancetta and chives.
- Place evenly into a buttered 9x12 rectangular casserole or baking dish.
- Top with remaining chives, crumbled pancetta, and cream.
- Dot top with butter and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until potatoes are tender, about 90 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.