Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is totally delicious. It is a lower fat version of Potato Gratin. I bake it in a 10" deep dish pyrex pie plate. It is fairly easy with a food processor or mandoline to do the slicing. You will have to use your common sense with the stock when making, as casserole dishes and potatoes vary in size (the stock should come just barely below the surface of the top layer of potato). Fresh Rosemary finely chopped is also delicious.
- Thinly slice potatoes.
- Grease or spray oven proof dish.
- Arrange potato in concentric circles in dish.
- Add thyme, smidge of garlic, and salt if using to each layer.
- Pour stock over all. You should barely be able to see the stock , just below the top surface.
- Bake 30 min covered at 350°F.
- Check to be sure the potato is tender, and uncover.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and return to oven for 15 min or until cheese is melted.