1 hr 5 mins
This is totally delicious. It is a lower fat version of Potato Gratin. I bake it in a 10" deep dish pyrex pie plate. It is fairly easy with a food processor or mandoline to do the slicing. You will have to use your common sense with the stock when making, as casserole dishes and potatoes vary in size (the stock should come just barely below the surface of the top layer of potato). Fresh Rosemary finely chopped is also delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice potatoes.
- 2Grease or spray oven proof dish.
- 3Arrange potato in concentric circles in dish.
- 4Add thyme, smidge of garlic, and salt if using to each layer.
- 5Pour stock over all. You should barely be able to see the stock , just below the top surface.
- 6Bake 30 min covered at 350°F.
- 7Check to be sure the potato is tender, and uncover.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese, and return to oven for 15 min or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gratin My Way
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 124.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 11.1 g