Recipe by graffeetee
I served this to a friend once who SWORE there was cheese in it. Not only is it cheese-free, it calls for a lot less cream than most recipes. It tastes plenty rich enough as is. I leave the peel on the potatoes to maximize the nutrients.
Top Review by policygirl
This was great! I made some subs - I had to use beef broth because it's what I had on hand, I used half cream and half low-fat milk, and I added more garlic. It hit the comfort-food spot without all of the butter and cream in other recipes. Thanks!
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper, preferably freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 9x13x2 pan with nonstick spray.
- Slice the potatoes 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange half the slices in the dish. The slices will overlap.
- Sprinkle with all of the garlic and half of the salt and pepper.
- Repeat with the potato slices, salt and pepper.
- Combine the stock and cream and pour over the potatoes.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until top is browned and potatoes tender. If potatoes dry out before they are done, add additional chicken broth.