Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is awesome! My family LOVES this one!
- 4 idaho potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus 1 1/2 ounces butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup gruyere
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thinly slice the potatoes into rounds, and then soak, rinse, and dry the potatoes. Coat the bottom of small casserole dish with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle the garlic and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. In casserole dish, layer the potatoes, finely Gruyere, and cream mixture. Press down lightly with hands to compress. Top with tabs of butter and finely grated Parmesan. Place in a water bath and bake until tender and golden brown. Remove from the water bath and let rest for 30 minutes before serving.