1 hr 5 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large baking potatoes, unpeeled and very thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- ground nutmeg
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tart green apple, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup gorgonzola (3oz) or 3/4 cup other blue cheese, crumbled (3oz)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat the oven 400°F.
- 2In 8 or 9 inch square baking dish arrange half the potatoes; season with salt and pepper and then sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 3Top with onion and apple; arrange the remaining potatoes on top.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add milk; cover with foil.
- 6Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Top with cheese and bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gorgonzola Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 283.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g