Recipe by fishywitch
This came from my local paper. Prep time does not include thaw time if using frozen hash browns. Haven't tried it but it sounds yummy, (and oh so easy!!!), so I will be making it this weekend!
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is really awesome. Potatoes, onions, mushrooms and cheese are a perfect combination. I used lowfat sour cream and it worked well. I thawed my hash browns in the microwave to speed the process. This would be a nice holiday side dish. Thanx for sharing!
- 2 lbs nugget style hash browns (if frozen thaw for 30 minutes)
- 11 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper