Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from my local paper. Prep time does not include thaw time if using frozen hash browns. Haven't tried it but it sounds yummy, (and oh so easy!!!), so I will be making it this weekend!
- 2 lbs nugget style hash browns (if frozen thaw for 30 minutes)
- 11 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in 9x13 baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
This is really awesome. Potatoes, onions, mushrooms and cheese are a perfect combination. I used lowfat sour cream and it worked well. I thawed my hash browns in the microwave to speed the process. This would be a nice holiday side dish. Thanx for sharing!
Very nice! I made a half recipe, using a whole can of mushrooms but halving everything else. Made to jazz up leftovers of recipe #313588 which was a great match. Thanks for the recipe!