1/11 Photos of Potato Gnocchi With Gorgonzola
Delicious, Creamy and cheesy Italian dish that your whole family will love. We like it with Gorgonzola Cheese, but you may use a substitute. Hope you enjoy! From Italian Cooking and Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the gnocchi
For the sauce
- 1Make the gnocchi:.
- 2Peel potatoes.
- 3Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes in salted water until tender.
- 4Pass potatoes through the fine disk of a potato ricer, and cool.
- 5Pour the potato onto the counter, and begin to mix in the flour.
- 6Add a pinch of salt and gather into a dough.
- 7Cut the dough into 4 pieces, and roll into finger-thick logs.
- 8Cut each log into 1" pieces, and press each over the reversed tines of a fork (the resulting ridges allow the gnocchi to grab onto the sauce later).
- 9Now dust a tray with flour and line the gnocchi in a single layer on top of it.
- 10Set aside, and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 11Once boiling, drop in the gnocchi, and remove them with a slotted spoon when they rise to the surface (this means they are ready).
- 12Meanwhile, crumble the Gorgonzola into chunks, and melt in a pan over medium-low heat with the butter and cream.
- 13When ready, combine the gnocchi and the sauce, sprinkle with the Parmigiano, and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gnocchi With Gorgonzola
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.4
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 1036.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 18.6 g