Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This was on Emeril Live, 2006. It looked wonderful and very tasty.
- 1 lb baking potato, washed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb gorgonzola
- Preheat one to 400ºF.
- Season the potatoes with the oil, salt & pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Peel potatoes, discarding skin, and place in a bowl.
- Using a ricer, press the baked potato pulp through the ricer, until the potato pulp is smooth and airy;(This can be done with a fork and a bit of elbow grease).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg and 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup flour on baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Turn the dough onto the floured surface and roll into a log, about 1" thick.
- Cut the dough into 1" pieces.
- Roll each piece across the tines of a fork.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, water, 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bring the liquid just to a boil.
- Add the gnochi and poach for 5 minutes.
- Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in 3/4 of the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, over low heat, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Toss the gnochhi with the cream sauce.
- Spoon onto a large serving platter.
- Crumble the remaining Gorgonzola over the gnocchi and garnish with a twist of freshly ground black pepper.