Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is the perfect potato pasta dinner right at sunset. The spicy marinara is a great compliment to these fluffy potato gnocchi topped with grated parmesan. Server with buttered garlic bread and white wine.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 24 ounces spicy marinara sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Add 2 cups of mashed potatoes to a pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and press them through a ricer. Place potatoes on a large cutting board.
- On top of the potatoes, add the eggs, and flour and start to combine ingredients until you are able to form a ball. Add more flour so your hands will not stick.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces, and roll each of them into 1 inch logs. Cut the logs down to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Roll each piece on the tip of a fork to create ridges in the dough. This makes it easier for the sauce to stick to the dough.
- Add each piece to a medium sized sauce pan of boiling water. They will float to the top when they are done. Approximately 7 minutes.
- In another medium sized sauce pan pour in the marinara and let it simmer on low heat. When the potato gnocchi has floated to the top, drain the excess water with a strainer and add to the marinara. Gently stir before serving. Top with grated parmesan cheese.