My #1 comfort food. Smooth, comforting, and a hint of sweetness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml butter
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 3 sprig oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried sage
- flour (for dusting)
- 1Peel and slice the potatos. Cook in boiling water over high heat until soft.
- 2Place cooked potatos in a sieve over a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon and puree the potatos by pushing the potatos through the sieve while still hot. Leave to cool.
- 3Beat an egg and add it to the pureed potatos.
- 4Add the nutmeg to the egg+ potato mixture, stir well.
- 5Add flour to the mixture. Knead the egg and potato mixture using your hands.
- 6When the surface of your dough is smooth gather your dough into a ball and put the dough on a cutting board. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for half an hour.
- 7Flour your cutting board, the dough, and a knife. Cut the dough into 1/2 wide strips. Dust both the dough and cutting board again lightly. Roll the strips of dough into logs.
- 8Cut each dough log into 1/2 inch lengths.
- 9Time to make the sauce. Melt butter over medium/low heat in a frying pan. Add oregano and saute briefly. Add cream heat until it starts to thicken. Add ground sage, nutmeg, and salt. Remove from heat.
- 10Bring a pasta water pan 2/3 full of water to a bowl. Add a handful of salt.
- 11Cook gnocci dough in water little by little. If you add all the gnocci at one time it won't cook properly. You'll know it's done cooking when they rise to the top. Scoop out the gnocci using a large spoon with holes in it.
- 12After all the gnocci is cooked, turn your pan with the sauce in it to a very low temperature so it stays warm. Add the gnocci, allow them to sit in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
- 13Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gnocchi in Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 460.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: