Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
My #1 comfort food. Smooth, comforting, and a hint of sweetness.
Make and share this Potato Gnocchi in Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g potato
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1 large egg
- 7.39 ml nutmeg
- 44.37 ml butter
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 3 sprig oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dried sage
- flour (for dusting)
- Peel and slice the potatos. Cook in boiling water over high heat until soft.
- Place cooked potatos in a sieve over a large bowl. Use a wooden spoon and puree the potatos by pushing the potatos through the sieve while still hot. Leave to cool.
- Beat an egg and add it to the pureed potatos.
- Add the nutmeg to the egg+ potato mixture, stir well.
- Add flour to the mixture. Knead the egg and potato mixture using your hands.
- When the surface of your dough is smooth gather your dough into a ball and put the dough on a cutting board. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for half an hour.
- Flour your cutting board, the dough, and a knife. Cut the dough into 1/2 wide strips. Dust both the dough and cutting board again lightly. Roll the strips of dough into logs.
- Cut each dough log into 1/2 inch lengths.
- Time to make the sauce. Melt butter over medium/low heat in a frying pan. Add oregano and saute briefly. Add cream heat until it starts to thicken. Add ground sage, nutmeg, and salt. Remove from heat.
- Bring a pasta water pan 2/3 full of water to a bowl. Add a handful of salt.
- Cook gnocci dough in water little by little. If you add all the gnocci at one time it won't cook properly. You'll know it's done cooking when they rise to the top. Scoop out the gnocci using a large spoon with holes in it.
- After all the gnocci is cooked, turn your pan with the sauce in it to a very low temperature so it stays warm. Add the gnocci, allow them to sit in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!