Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was taken half from Martha Stewart and half from my Noni(italian grandma) it feeds 4 women or 3 men. This is so easy to make and so delicious.These go very fast so you might want to double the recipe!
- 1.Prepare instant potatoes as directed on package and put in the fridge to cool.
- 2.meanwhile put 2 cups flour into a large bowl and make a hole in the middle of the pile of flour.
- 3.add the 2 eggs to the hole and wisk them well with a fork.
- 4.next add the mashed potatoes to the middle and start mixing with your hands until a very sticky dough has formed.If it sticks to your hands thats okay dont add more flour.
- 5.next on a well floured surface dump out dough and start kneeding until dough is firm enough to roll.
- 5.cut dough into 8 equal sections.
- 6.Roll each section out like a long sausage about 1/2-1 inch thick.Make sure to keep dough well floured so they dont stick together.
- 7.next cut the long dough with a knife into 1/2 inch pieces,they dont have to be exactly the same size.
- 8.lay them out on a cookie sheet thats been covered in parchment paper.
- 9.if your not making them right away put them in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
- 10.on the stove heat a pot of water till its boiling.
- 11.drop about 25-30 gnocchi's in at a time and when they float on the surface there done.it might only take 30 seconds so keep a close watch.Make sure not to put all the gnocchi into the pot at once because they will all clump together.
- 12. when they've floated to the top scoop out with a strainer and transfer to a large serving dish,cover with tinfoil to keep warm and repeat until they are all cooked.
- poor over your favorite sauce sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!