Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I received a BJ's Club magazine and cut this recipe from it. It sounds very easy and wanted to post it here for safekeeping. My daughter loves Gnocchi!
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (Boston Market for example)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (your choice)
- Mix potatoes, egg yolks, seasonings, flour and 1/2 of the cheese.
- On a floured surface, roll into 1 1/2 inch tubes and cut them into 1 1/2 inch long segments.
- Put these in boiling, salted water.
- When they float to the top, cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss with hot tomato sauce, finishing with the remainder of the cheese.
I can't believe I forgot to rate this! I was looking for different ways to use up Thanksgiving leftovers and ran across this recipe....and I'm so glad I did! I made it using a leftover root vegetable mash and they were so light and fluffy! I'm keeping this one!
Very good recipe! These turned out to be very light. I followed the other reviewer's suggestion and just rolled them into small balls. I trippled the recipe so that I could use all of the mashed potatoes that I had bought from the grocery store. Served with both pasta sauce and also a butter sauce. The butter sauce was the favorite. I did reduce the nutmet a tad, other than that, made as directed.
awsome!!!! the family raved over this said it was even better than our local italian restrant serves! we will def b making this again! I used last nights left over mashed potatoes but I just pinched it off rolled it into small balls and threw it in the boiling water. Thanks!!