Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from e-How.com .
- Boil the potatoes in enough salted water to completely cover them. When the potatoes start to crack and fall apart, remove them from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and peel them. Discard the skins and very finely mash the potatoes with a food mill or hand masher.
- Add the flour to the potatoes and mix. Mound the mixture on a large cutting board or counter.
- Make a hole in the center of the mound and add crack the egg into the hole. Add the salt and, using your hands, knead the egg into the mixture. Continue until a smooth dough forms.
- Separate the dough into workable pieces and roll the pieces into the shape of sausages. Cut the rolls into small pieces about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Take one of the small pieces and roll it over the tines of a fork, pressing slightly into the center with your thumb. Drop the gnocchi onto a floured cutting board or surface.
- Repeat the process until you have all of the dough in small bite-sized gnocchi. Cook the gnocchi in small batches in a pot of boiling salted water until they rise to the surface of the water.
- Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and place them in a serving dish.
- Tips & Warnings:.
- The rolling part takes a little practice, but regardless of how they look, the gnocchi still taste great!