- 1 lb hot potato, peeled, cubed, cooked and drained (save cooking water)
- 2 cups flour
- tomato sauce, for serving
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash hot potato on flat work board or table.
- Add flour on top and mix well to make a soft and elastic dough.
- On floured surface, knead dough well until it's pliable, 5 - 10 minutes.
- Try not to use too much additional flour.
- Add some reserved hot water if needed.
- Make one large ball.
- Break off small pieces at a time and roll into long strips.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Press middle of each piece with 2 fingers and roll toward yourself to curl gnocchi.
- Cook in boiling water for a couple of minutes, until tender.
- Drain and serve topped with tomato sauce and grated cheese.