Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
My daughter requests this often. I make bigger batches and freeze for future dinners.
Make and share this Potato Gnocchi recipe from Food.com.
- Mash hot potato on flat work board or table.
- Add flour on top and mix well to make a soft and elastic dough.
- On floured surface, knead dough well until it's pliable, 5 - 10 minutes.
- Try not to use too much additional flour.
- Add some reserved hot water if needed.
- Make one large ball.
- Break off small pieces at a time and roll into long strips.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Press middle of each piece with 2 fingers and roll toward yourself to curl gnocchi.
- Cook in boiling water for a couple of minutes, until tender.
- Drain and serve topped with tomato sauce and grated cheese.
Great. Love it everytime and SOOOO easy to make.
First time making home-made gnocchi. This was Delicious. My Tips would be to add about 2 Tbls of salt to give it the classic flavour and the Second to make these a bite size like you buy in the shops. I made mine quite large about 2-3 times bigger than this and had a different texture in the middle like a bit more doughy. But so good still, This has been choosen as my standard gnocchi recipe from now on. I made this in "Gnocchi Bake With Pancetta and Red Onion" Also a fantastic recipe TY Mermaid
These were outstanding! I haven't had gnocchis in a while and we had leftover potatoes from making potato skins. It worked perfectly. I only used about 1 3/4 cups of flour and boiled them for 7 minutes. DELICIOUS! I will be making these again and again.