Recipe by tamibic
You have to try this!! So different, yummy and gives great presentation! I serve with a crisp green salad and fresh veg.
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated parmigiano
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 lb spicy salami, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄3 cups tiny peas (divided)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook potatoes in water 25 minutes.
- Brown the onion and garlic in olive oil, remove to bowl and set aside.
- Add a little more olive oil and saute until lightly browned, remove to small bowl.
- In large bowl add potatoes, butter, cheese, 1/2& 1/2, salt/pepper to taste.
- Mash lightly, stir in the salami and half the peas.
- In buttered 8" square dish, press 1/2 the potato mixture into the bottom.
- Top with the onions, remaining peas and mozzarella slices.
- Spread the remaining potatoes on top smooth with spoon.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Top with bread crumbs and bake for 10 minutes longer.