Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Arrowhead Mills "Recipes for Special Dietary Needs"
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup garbanzo flour
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon smoked nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne or 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- Combine water and potato flakes quickly.
- They will set up firmly and be somewhat dry.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Omitting the baking powder will result in denser gnocchis.