1/1 Photo of Potato Galette With Wild Mushrooms
1 hr 50 mins
Crisp rounds of potato are layered with wild mushrooms in this hearty dish. Prepare both galettes in the morning, then reheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut russet potatoes into 1/8-inch-thick rounds; set aside.
- 2Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour all but 2 tablespoons melted butter into large bowl. Add potatoes and minced thyme to this bowl; toss gently to coat. Season potatoes generously with salt and pepper.
- 3Add mushrooms and garlic to the 2 tablespoons butter remaining in skillet.
- 4Sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 5Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450°F.
- 6Line bottom of two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides with parchment paper; brush generously with melted butter.
- 7Arrange 1 layer of potato slices in bottom of each pan, overlapping slightly.
- 8Top each with second layer of potato slices.
- 9Spoon on the mushrooms in each pan.
- 10Cover with remaining potatoes, dividing equally. Add any remaining butter.
- 11Bake potatoes until tender and very brown and crisp on top (bottom will also be brown and crisp), about 40 minutes.
- 12Invert galettes onto platters; peel off parchment. Cut galettes into wedges.
- 14Can be made 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm potatoes in 350°F oven approximately 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Galette With Wild Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 88.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g