1/1 Photo of Potato Galette
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A very simple basic galette from one of our National supermarkets as part of a Christmas feast, though I think it is a dish you could serve at any time of the year. Also instead of red potatoes or desiree, you could use pontiacs. Preparation time could vary depending on whether you use a mandolin or food process or cut the potatoes with a knife.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan forced.
- 2Brush a 20cm springform pan with melted and then combine the remaining butter and garlic in a small bowl.
- 3Peel potatoes and slice as thin as possible (would suggest a mandolin or food processor).
- 4Make a layer of potatoes in the base of the pan, overlapping slightly and brush with some garlic butter and season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Repeat layers, brushing each with garlic butter and seasoning with the salt and pepper every couple of layers.
- 6When you have made the final layer, press down to compact the potato, before giving a final brush of butter.
- 7Stand pan on a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, uncover pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until potato is tender and the top is a golden brown.
- 8Run a knife around the inside of the pan and release the sides and cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Galette
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 86.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g