Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good friend of mine gave me this recipe. One of my favourite potato dishes.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 50 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- Peel potatoes and cook in boiling salted water until soft. Drain and mash.
- Peel onion and chop finely.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and saute onion for 5 minutes.
- Add to potatoes with chives, mustard and tarragon.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Press into a greased 20cm loose-bottom cake tin.
- Rough up top with the tines of a fork.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes, then grill until golden.
- To serve, cut into wedges.