Recipe by copperskillet
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. The buttery mashed potatoes make a terrific-looking frosting for this easy-to-put together meatloaf with loads of flavor. Kids love this dinner. If needed, keep warm in a low oven, up to an hour, loosely covered with foil. Tip: Crush cheddar-flavored crackers, such as Goldfish, in food processor
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese crackers
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, hot variety
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a heavy cookie sheet with baking parchment.
- Crush enough cheddar cheese crackers to yield 1 cup crumbs.
- In a large bowl combine turkey, eggs, cracker crumbs and 3/4 cup salsa. Using a light touch, form into a 2” high oval. Place in center of parchment.
- Frost top and sides of meatloaf with mashed potatoes, using a flexible spatula, covering completely.
- Bake one to 1-1/4 hours, until beginning to brown and temperature registers 165 in center. If desired, remove from parchment onto a foil pan and run under broiler until lightly browned. Slice and serve with remaining salsa on the side.