Recipe by JeannaLW
Wanted to find a way to use leftover mashed potatoes, read a few recipes and then made this one up. It was delicious!
Top Review by GaylaV
We enjoyed these fritters. I am surprised at how well they stayed together without an egg to bind it. I used fresh chives and because I never use seasoning salt I used a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Thanks for posting your recipe. Reviewed for 2007 Fall PAC.
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- If mashed potatoes are cold, warm in microwave to soften.
- Mix thoroughly all ingredients except for 1 tablespoon butter.
- Heat reserved butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Drop mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet, flatten slightly, and fry until browned on both sides, turning once.