Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook “Wonderful Ways to Cook Curries” I paid 50c for the book in a thrift shop and don’t plan to keep the poor old thing. I haven’t made this recipe, but we eat a lot of curries and I know I will. Remember an Australian tablespoon is 4 teaspoons.
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked in their skins then peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts, broken
- 2 tablespoons oil
- oil (for frying)
- Mix together the cooked, peeled potatoes with the salt, turmeric, juice, mashing as you mix.
- Sauté the chili flakes, mustard seeds, cumin, onion, green capsicum and cashews in the two tablespoons of oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the potato mixture and form into fritters Dedge lightly with the flour.
- Shallow fry in extra oil until golden brown.
Thanks for an easy and flavourful recipe. I used leftover mashed Yukon Gold potatoes. Didn't have any nuts in the house so omitted them but enjoyed the patty very much. I'm sure to make this quite often.
A very easy flavorful recipe here !! I did omit the red pepper flakes, and I used lemon juice, cause I had that on hand. All enjoyed here, and I'll have to repeat someday.. Made for AUZ/NZ swap #30
These were very tasty! I really liked the way the flavors of the cumin & mustard seed (I used brown) developed during the saute. I made them a bit ahead of time up to the mix everything together point, then when dinner was almost ready, formed, dredged, & fried. They were a huge hit, and there is enough leftover for me to make more tonight!