Recipe by mmlwjr
This is an easy breakfast or whenever you are craving a healthy snack. You can also fry some bacon first or add leftover chicken, ham--what have you.
Top Review by LainieBug
I opted to cook the vegies and potatoes together instead of separately and I also do not care for cooked mushroom, so I left those out. Really liked the addition of the cheese on top.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed hash browns
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- salt & pepper
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in warmed frying pan.
- Add onion, pepper and mushrooms; sauté.
- Remove from pan, now add the hash browns, stirring once; brown them.
- Beat eggs and milk together add s/p.
- Pour over the hash browns.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, lifting edges occasionally to allow egg mixture to flow to bottom of skillet.
- Add the veggies and the cheese on top.
- Lower heat.
- Place a lid on top till the cheese melts.