1/3 Photos of Potato Frittata!
Koechin (Chef)'s Note:
I posted this in the new forum for 30 minute meals and was asked to post it here as well! It is fast easy and satisfying for brunch or supper. My mother used to make this. Of course not with frozen hash browns. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large oven proof skillet (10-12 inch) heat the olive oil.
- 2Add the onion and bacon and sauté until onions are soft. Sometimes I use leftover chunks of ham (from freezer).
- 3Add a generous layer of the potatoes. No need to thaw. You may not need the whole bag. Save the rest for another use. :-).
- 4Toss well with the oil.
- 5Season with the salt and pepper as well as the thyme. Toss again.
- 6Cook until underside turns brown.
- 7Turn over and brown on other side. Peek underneath with your spatula.
- 8Now pour your beaten eggs over the top, and lift around the edges to let some run underneath.
- 9When the eggs start to set on top sprinkle with the cheddar cheese (more or less depending on what you have on hand).
- 10Now place the skillet in your pre-heated 375°F oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- 11Serve in wedges with a salad. Or at breakfast with fruit. This should take no more than 30 minute total. Enjoy,:-).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Frittata!
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.0
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 316.8 mg
- Sodium 712.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g