1/1 Photo of Potato Focaccia
1 hr 30 mins
This round foccacia features potatoes, pancetta and fresh rosemary on the top of the loaf-almost a meal all by itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for bowl and baking sheet
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pancetta, diced (about 1/4 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon, zest of
- 1Proof yeast in milk and sugar for 10 minutes; combine 2 cups flour and the salt; pour yeast mixture and 1 T olive oil into well in flour mixture; stir to combine, adding remaining 1/4 cup flour as needed; dough should remain soft and slightly sticky.
- 2Scrape dough onto floured work surface and knead 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic; place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm place to rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3Heat the remaining 1 T olive oil over moderate heat and cook the pancetta slowly until very crisp; drain on paper towels and reserve the drippings.
- 4Boil the potatoes about 8 minutes or until tender; drain; in a bowl, pour the drippings over the warm potatoes; add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 5Place a baking stone in the oven or oil a baking sheet; preheat oven to 375°; lightly punch dough down and knead 10 times; roll out to a 12" diameter circle and transfer to a paddle or the oiled baking sheet; oil the surface of the dough and let it rise 30 minutes.
- 6Scatter the potato mixture over the dough and press in with the flat of your hand; without puncturing or tearing the dough, make evenly-spaced indentations over the dough's surface with your fingers.
- 7Bake until the bread is crisp on the bottom and the potatoes are golden brown, about 25 minutes; cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 314.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: