Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
from The Complete Scandinavian Cookbook Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
- Peel and mash potatoes.
- When cool, knead rye flour into them.
- How much rye flour you have to add depends on how soft the potatoes are, but knead until the dough does not stick to your hands.
- With your hands make round balls, about the size of a tennis ball, flatten with a rolling pin until fairly thin, and prick with a fork. Bake on both sides on a hot cast-iron pan, using low flame.
- Pile up and cover with a damp cloth to keep soft.
- Serve warm or cold with butter and cheese and cold cuts.
if you like rye krisp you will love these .i dint make them as large as they should be because handling them was hard had to keep dusting with rye flour. try these they are good zwt 9