1/1 Photo of Potato Flatbread (Kartofluflatbrauth)
Charlotte J's Note:
from The Complete Scandinavian Cookbook Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
My Private Note
- 1Peel and mash potatoes.
- 2When cool, knead rye flour into them.
- 3How much rye flour you have to add depends on how soft the potatoes are, but knead until the dough does not stick to your hands.
- 4With your hands make round balls, about the size of a tennis ball, flatten with a rolling pin until fairly thin, and prick with a fork. Bake on both sides on a hot cast-iron pan, using low flame.
- 5Pile up and cover with a damp cloth to keep soft.
- 6Serve warm or cold with butter and cheese and cold cuts.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Flatbread (Kartofluflatbrauth)
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.6 g