1/1 Photo of Potato Flan Ole
My Mom was cleaning out one of her closets and came across several folders full of recipes that she had clipped from magazines and newpapers over the years. I can't tell what magazine this came from but it was a contest winner submitted by Shirley Desantis. It's a great and tasty way to use leftover chicken and mashed potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh hot mashed potatoes or 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Grease an 11-inch pie plate or an 11 x 7 inch casserole dish.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the mashed potatoes and egg until smooth.
- 3Add flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Blend well.
- 4Press into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 5Spread picante sauce over the bottom of the crust. Top with chicken, cheese, and parsley. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over top.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream and guacamole.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Flan Ole
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.4
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 905.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g