Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy baked fish recipe. Coating gets a little crunchy.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb tilapia fillets or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cod fish fillets or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb any mild white fish fillet
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Lightly grease a 13" x 9" (or larger) baking dish.
- Combine salt, pepper and flour together in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In a sperate shallow bowl, combine potato flakes, parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
- Dip each fish fillet into flour mixture, then dip each into beaten eggs, then coat each with potato flake mixture.
- Arrange in a prepared baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 until golden and flaky, about 20 minutes.
I must have missed something in making this recipe. The coating was very dry and not at all crispy.
This was tasty and very easy to make. Mine wasn't anywhere near golden and crispy, however, after 20 minutes, so I broiled it for a few minutes and that worked out well. I would make it again.
This was good, but maybe a bit bland. Next time I would increase the amount of parmesan and also add some lemon pepper or old bay seasoning to the mix.