Recipe by LDSMom128
I found this recipe on a cookie website and tried it using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour. They turned out great and tasted like normal cookies! It took me a few batches to get the browning right but I found that by cooking them slightly longer and having them be a little more browned they were easier to remove from the baking sheet and not have the cookies fall apart. I added the lemon extract to the batter because I had it on hand and it made for just a slight hint of lemon and they tasted great, but that can be optional. I also added some sprinkles for some color and my kids loved them. I also used a round pizza pan to bake the cookies in and they turned out better than a rectangular sheet.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups potato flakes
- candy sprinkles (optional) or chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stand mixer, cream the butter well and add the sugars. Stir until well mixed. Add the egg and the vanilla and lemon extracts. Continue to stir until creamy.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the flour with the salt and baking soda. Add the flour to the creamy mixture and stir until well mixed. Add the potato flakes and continue to stir well. You may now add the sprinkles or chocolate chips if desired.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheet, about 1 tbsp of dough for each cookie, leaving some room because they do expand pretty well.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Wait for about 1-2 minutes and remove the cookies from the pan. Enjoy with milk!