Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is out of my cookbook called "Everyday Cooking"...enjoy! Cooking time does not include refrigerator time.
- 8 ounces potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon, zest of 1/2
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- extra dill and lemon (to garnish)
- In a medium bowl, place the potato, feta, egg, green onions, dill lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Using hands, roll the mixture into golf-ball-size fritters, and flatten slightly.
- Dredge lightly in flour, using a small sieve.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook fritters in batches for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel and serve immediately.
- Garnish with extra dill and lemon.
Very tasty way to use up leftover potatoes ~ I really liked the combination of the lemon juice and zest, with the feta cheese. I garnished mine with sour cream and added snipped green onion tops. Tagged for 123Hits 2012 (under the 24-hr rule).