Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A welcome change from regular baked spuds.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of potatoes so they lay on their sides flat.
- Slice potatoes thin and almost all the way through.
- Place in baking dish and fan slices.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- From the list of ingredients mix together the garlic through to the cayenne.
- Melt butter and add to spice herb mix and pour INTO the fan slices.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes more, just so cheese starts to brown.
These were tasty potatoes. Nice flavor. I had to change the cook time only because I was cooking along side another dish that cooked at a different temp, but they came out fine. I had a little trouble fanning the potatoes, as they wouldnt really stay fanned to pour the mix in, but I used a brush and brushed in between each slice. They would make a nice presentation for a dinner party.
The flavor was excellent, however I really had a time trying to keep the potatoes open. I did take the advice from the other reviews and used a brush, but I still seemed to get most of the seasoning on the pan instead. Regardless, it did seem to steep into the potatoes while cooking. All in all I'd say this is a top notch recipe and well worth the effort. Thanks!
This were yummy! The only problem I had was getting the potatoes to stay fanned for me to get the butter mixture in there, but I just took Kelly M.'s tip and brushed it in. These are a wonderful change from the usual baked potatoes we have so often. Thanks for posting!