Recipe by Dib's
A welcome change from regular baked spuds.
Top Review by Kelly M.
These were tasty potatoes. Nice flavor. I had to change the cook time only because I was cooking along side another dish that cooked at a different temp, but they came out fine. I had a little trouble fanning the potatoes, as they wouldnt really stay fanned to pour the mix in, but I used a brush and brushed in between each slice. They would make a nice presentation for a dinner party.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of potatoes so they lay on their sides flat.
- Slice potatoes thin and almost all the way through.
- Place in baking dish and fan slices.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- From the list of ingredients mix together the garlic through to the cayenne.
- Melt butter and add to spice herb mix and pour INTO the fan slices.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes more, just so cheese starts to brown.