Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lighter in taste than traditional falafels. My family prefer this version. Great in kebab rolls or as a burger patty served with hummus and chilli sauce.
- 1 medium potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 bunch parsley or 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (Garbanzos)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt and pepper
- flour, to coat
- Process chick peas until crumbly.
- Fry onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix together with all the other ingredients.
- Form into small balls or patties, roll in flour.
- Can be oven baked on oiled baking tray for about 20 minutes at 180 deg.
- C, turning them over after 10 minutes to brown the other side.
- They can also be pan or deep fried.