There are so many flavours I love with potatoes. Whenever I'm making something that takes time I like to make some more long-winded potatoes to go with it. This is a version I have thrown together several times now. It has practically everything in it but always seems to be a winner.
- Par-boil the potatoes for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Soften the onion and garlic in a large frying pan with a knob of butter.
- When the potatoes are softened but not totally cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer them into the frying pan with the onions.
- Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the paprika, lemon juice and parmesan cheese and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the potato is totally cooked through.
- Add the chopped spinach and stir well. It should only take a minute or so for it to cook down.
- Remove from the heat, mix in the parsley and season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.