Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
There are so many flavours I love with potatoes. Whenever I'm making something that takes time I like to make some more long-winded potatoes to go with it. This is a version I have thrown together several times now. It has practically everything in it but always seems to be a winner.
- 3 large red potatoes (cubed)
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced or finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach (or just a big handful, chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Par-boil the potatoes for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Soften the onion and garlic in a large frying pan with a knob of butter.
- When the potatoes are softened but not totally cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer them into the frying pan with the onions.
- Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the paprika, lemon juice and parmesan cheese and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the potato is totally cooked through.
- Add the chopped spinach and stir well. It should only take a minute or so for it to cook down.
- Remove from the heat, mix in the parsley and season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
This is very good. I did end up using 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. The next time I make this I will add additional lemon juice right before I put in the spinach. And I will put shredded parmesan on last. Thanks for sharing Wendy-Bob. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
I made this recipe today and it was phenomenal, I would recommend this recipe to all, If you don't like potatoes you will after tasting this delicious recipe.