Recipe by tambocos
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. You can substitute any firm fish. Smoked trout would also be delicious. These fillets are cooked in a shredded potato crust. The crisp crust keeps the fish moist. Fast, easy and impressive.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 medium leek, trimmed, split, washed, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 (4 ounce) fish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat potatoes dry and mix with leeks.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet until hot.
- Spoon 4 small, evenly spaced mounds of the shredded potatoes and leeks, each about 1/3 cup, into the skillet.
- Place fish onto each pile of potatoes and cover the fish with the remaining potatoes. Cook over medium-high heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Flip and repeat for the other side. Cook until golden.
- I like to serve with lemon and horseradish.