1/1 Photo of Potato Encrusted Tilapia #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. You can substitute any firm fish. Smoked trout would also be delicious. These fillets are cooked in a shredded potato crust. The crisp crust keeps the fish moist. Fast, easy and impressive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat potatoes dry and mix with leeks.
- 2Heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet until hot.
- 3Spoon 4 small, evenly spaced mounds of the shredded potatoes and leeks, each about 1/3 cup, into the skillet.
- 4Place fish onto each pile of potatoes and cover the fish with the remaining potatoes. Cook over medium-high heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- 5Flip and repeat for the other side. Cook until golden.
- 6I like to serve with lemon and horseradish.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Encrusted Tilapia #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.6 mg
- Sodium 91.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 26.1 g