Recipe by CoolMonday
I guess I'm going to consider this a Yankee recipe because fish and potatoes are a mainstay along the coast. So glad Susie picked out my favorite ingredients. This has been fun creating recipes. Be sure to use small red potatoes.. russets will not stick.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (4 6 oz filets)
- 12 ounces coconut juice (I used juice) or 12 ounces milk (I used juice)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) carton frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped shrimp (can be fresh, frozen, cooked)
- 1 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 cups mashed red potatoes
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash tilapia in cold water and pat dry.
- Place in a bowl.
- Pour coconut juice to cover.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate 2 - 4 hours.
- Heat Saute pan.
- Add butter and EVOO.
- Saute celery, onion, carrot until tender.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add wine and reduce for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add shrimp and spinach.
- Continue cooking until shrimp is pink and spinach is hot.
- Stir in basil, corriander, lemon pepper, salt, pepper.
- Remove from heat, put in bowl and allow to cool.
- When cool, blend in egg and breadcrumbs.
- Wash, peel, cut in half, boil till fork tender.
- Mash thoroughly.
- Add milk, butter, salt and pepper to potatoes and whip until smooth.
- Add more milk if required to be able to spread potato.
- Spread 1/2 of the stuffing on one filet and cover with another filet.
- Place on well oiled baking sheet.
- Spread the top with some of the potato mixture.
- Turn over and cover the sides and top (like frosting a cake).
- Do the same with the other filets.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until potato is slightly brown.