1/2 Photos of Potato Encrusted Stuffed Tilapia
1 hr 10 mins
I guess I'm going to consider this a Yankee recipe because fish and potatoes are a mainstay along the coast. So glad Susie picked out my favorite ingredients. This has been fun creating recipes. Be sure to use small red potatoes.. russets will not stick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tilapia fillet (4 6 oz filets)
- 12 ounces coconut juice (I used juice) or 12 ounces milk (I used juice)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) carton frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped shrimp (can be fresh, frozen, cooked)
- 1 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1Wash tilapia in cold water and pat dry.
- 2Place in a bowl.
- 3Pour coconut juice to cover.
- 4Cover bowl and refrigerate 2 - 4 hours.
- 6Heat Saute pan.
- 7Add butter and EVOO.
- 8Saute celery, onion, carrot until tender.
- 9Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- 10Add wine and reduce for 1 minute.
- 11Add lemon juice.
- 12Add shrimp and spinach.
- 13Continue cooking until shrimp is pink and spinach is hot.
- 14Stir in basil, corriander, lemon pepper, salt, pepper.
- 15Remove from heat, put in bowl and allow to cool.
- 16When cool, blend in egg and breadcrumbs.
- 18Wash, peel, cut in half, boil till fork tender.
- 19Mash thoroughly.
- 20Add milk, butter, salt and pepper to potatoes and whip until smooth.
- 21Add more milk if required to be able to spread potato.
- 23Spread 1/2 of the stuffing on one filet and cover with another filet.
- 24Place on well oiled baking sheet.
- 25Spread the top with some of the potato mixture.
- 26Turn over and cover the sides and top (like frosting a cake).
- 27Do the same with the other filets.
- 28Sprinkle with paprika.
- 29Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until potato is slightly brown.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Encrusted Stuffed Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 246.2 mg
- Sodium 432.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: