Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I hope you enjoy.....recipe is from the local market.
- 4 frozen halibut steaks, thawed (approximately 8-ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, aioli (light mayo works fine)
- 1 cup hash brown, frozen, thawed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss in vegetables and place around the edges of a parchment-lined roasting pan.
- Roast 10–15 minutes while preparing the fish.
- Place each fish steak on a work surface and spread oneside with about 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise. Press about 1/4 cup hash brown onto the fish to form a top layer. Repeat with each steak.
- Remove roasting pan with vegetables from oven.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and add to the center of the roasting pan with the vegetables.
- Return pan to oven and cook 10–12 minutes or until fish is opaque and flaky and top is golden brown.