Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
I hope you enjoy.....recipe is from the local market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 frozen halibut steaks, thawed (approximately 8-ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, aioli (light mayo works fine)
- 1 cup hash brown, frozen, thawed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and quartered
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Whisk together oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss in vegetables and place around the edges of a parchment-lined roasting pan.
- 3Roast 10–15 minutes while preparing the fish.
- 4Place each fish steak on a work surface and spread oneside with about 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise. Press about 1/4 cup hash brown onto the fish to form a top layer. Repeat with each steak.
- 5Remove roasting pan with vegetables from oven.
- 6Season fish with salt and pepper and add to the center of the roasting pan with the vegetables.
- 7Return pan to oven and cook 10–12 minutes or until fish is opaque and flaky and top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Encrusted Halibut With Roasted Onions and Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.0
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 462.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 87.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: