Potato Encrusted Halibut With Roasted Onions and Fennel
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss in vegetables and place around the edges of a parchment-lined roasting pan.
- Roast 10–15 minutes while preparing the fish.
- Place each fish steak on a work surface and spread oneside with about 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise. Press about 1/4 cup hash brown onto the fish to form a top layer. Repeat with each steak.
- Remove roasting pan with vegetables from oven.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and add to the center of the roasting pan with the vegetables.
- Return pan to oven and cook 10–12 minutes or until fish is opaque and flaky and top is golden brown.