Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
"5 Ingredient fix contest entry. Light and fresh potato and fish entree, that's looks like it took you hours to make. Use 4-6 oz portions of flaky white fish such as grouper, halibut, cobia, rock. Prepared bruschetta with garlic and capers work best. You can also use simply potato southwest hash browns for a spicer dish.
- Thaw fish if frozen. Remove fish from fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat dry portions of fish, firmly press 1/4 C of simply potatoes shredded hash brown on flat side of fish.
- In 12 inch oven ready frying pan, sauté fish, potato side down in hot pan. Crisp hash brown potato crusted filets for 2-3 min till golden. Flip fish in pan and remove pan with fish in it from heat. Place oven ready fry pan with fish into 375 degree oven for 3-5 min or till opaque. This will depend on thickness of fish.
- Remove pan from oven( pan will be hot) and place on burner. Burner will not be on.
- Remove fish from pan and place on paper towel plated plate, still potato side up. Turn on burner to med high, add 1 C white wine and 1/2 C bruschetta. Reduce for 3-5 min till 1/4 sauce has evaporated. Turn off heat and whisk in 2 T butter till melted. Plate 4 portions of fish and top each with 1/4 C of prepared sauce.
- Serve with crusty bread and your favorite salad. Enjoy!
This was a great tasty and easy recipe.I used haddock because that's what is easy to get in my area but I would use this recipe with any fish. I made my own brushetta the day before.