Recipe by Rita~
Tweeked Old Bay Recipe is crunchy from the celery and onions sweet from the relish and spicy form the old bay!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Rita, being from Maryland you know I had to come across this some time or another. Since "Old Bay" seasoning is made here, and the use is prolific on steamed crabs, this goes perfectly with potato salad. In fact; quite often most of Maryland puts "Old Bay" on just about everything, and anything. This is a *perfect* potato salad. Spices are *perfect* and the amount of mayonnaise ratio to potatoes is equal. I used the sweet pickle, as that is what is used in this part of the country, and I can't remember making a more *perfect* potato salad. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we all loved it! Happy 4th! Thanks, Rita! Made for *ZWT4* July 2008.
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon sweet relish or 1 teaspoon sweet pickle, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 large eggs, hard boiled, chopped