1/1 Photo of Potato & Egg Casserole
J Wong's Note:
Potato Casserole is an easy casserole dish that we like to cook on weekends and take for lunch all week. Saves us a bundle on our Eating Out budget when we bring our own lunch and tastes much better than the old PB&J sandwich route.
My Private Note
3 Quart ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes with the skin on.
- 2Boil eggs until hard boiled.
- 3Drain and remove potatoes when soft through the center. Remove skin and let cool.
- 4Drain and remove eggs when hard boiled. let cool and remove shell.
- 5Cut potatoes into 1/2" slices.
- 6Cut eggs into 1/4" slices.
- 7Cut lunchmeat into 1-2" strips.
- 8In a large casserole dish, put a layer of potatoes at the bottom. Use a spatula to add a layer of sour cream on top of the potatoes and fill in the cracks between the potatoes.
- 9Add a layer of eggs, then lunchmeat, followed by a layer of American cheese.
- 10Repeat as needed until the casserole is full and the top layer is cheese.
- 11If using French's Fried Onions, make the top layer sour cream and add the onions on top of the sour cream.
- 12Preheat oven to 325 degrees and heat casserole for 15-20 minutes.
- 13Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato & Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.5
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 307.4 mg
- Sodium 462.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 25.6 g