Potato Casserole is an easy casserole dish that we like to cook on weekends and take for lunch all week. Saves us a bundle on our Eating Out budget when we bring our own lunch and tastes much better than the old PB&J sandwich route.
- Boil potatoes with the skin on.
- Boil eggs until hard boiled.
- Drain and remove potatoes when soft through the center. Remove skin and let cool.
- Drain and remove eggs when hard boiled. let cool and remove shell.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2" slices.
- Cut eggs into 1/4" slices.
- Cut lunchmeat into 1-2" strips.
- In a large casserole dish, put a layer of potatoes at the bottom. Use a spatula to add a layer of sour cream on top of the potatoes and fill in the cracks between the potatoes.
- Add a layer of eggs, then lunchmeat, followed by a layer of American cheese.
- Repeat as needed until the casserole is full and the top layer is cheese.
- If using French's Fried Onions, make the top layer sour cream and add the onions on top of the sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and heat casserole for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
This is very easy and delicious! A good way to get rid of all those colored Easter eggs. We followed recipe except left the skin on potatoes and cut them a little thinner that 1/2". It was a big hit at my house.