Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tim Melzer's recipe. This recipe is normally made in a skillet, this one is baked. Good for leftover potatoes as the potatoes in this recipe MUST be cooked the day before for the right consistency. Fantastic for brunch!
- 12 slices parma ham
- 4 large potatoes, pre-cooked* and sliced into thin rings
- 2 zucchini, sliced into rings
- 6 eggs, mixed with cheese as for scrambled eggs salted, peppered, and chile powdered to taste
- 1⁄2 cup gouda cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lay 6 slices of Parma ham on the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Top with the sliced potatoes and zucchini.
- Pour the eggs over all of it and give the dish a jiggle to distribute the eggs.
- Top with the rest of the parma ham.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Take the cover off and bake another 10 or until parma on top is a bit crispy. Enjoy!
- * The potatoes must be absolutely cool before making this. It is best to use potatoes from the night before.