Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
This simple Southeastern USA casserole omits bacon or ham, however it may be made with these.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- Cook potatoes in water to cover atop stove.
- Cool, peel, and grate potatoes.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Spread grated potatoes over bottom of pan.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes.
- Spread cheese over egg mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The potatoes were mushy....it might have been better if the potatoes were cooked and crisp before the other ingredients were added. I might try it again like that...