Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 55 mins
This simple Southeastern USA casserole omits bacon or ham, however it may be made with these.
Make and share this Potato, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook potatoes in water to cover atop stove.
- Cool, peel, and grate potatoes.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Spread grated potatoes over bottom of pan.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes.
- Spread cheese over egg mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The potatoes were mushy....it might have been better if the potatoes were cooked and crisp before the other ingredients were added. I might try it again like that...