1/1 Photo of Potato Dumplings II
Charlotte J's Note:
This recipe has a few more spices in it. It is from Mrs. George C. Fiehler, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it Bier Suppe (Beer Soup)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On day one cook and rice potatoes and put in the refrigerator.
- 2On the second day mix thoroughly with the remaining ingredients.
- 3Mold potato mixture firmly into small balls with croutons as center.
- 4(4 slices of bread, diced and toasted in butter provide enough croutons.) Molded dumplings are dropped into boiling salt water and cooked for 3 minutes.
- 5They are done when they rise to the surface.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Dumplings II
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 2383.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g