Recipe by Hugce
A must served with Sauerbraten - German pot roast. Takes a while to prepare but very worth the time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil, peel and rice potatoes onto a cloth towel (if you don't have a potato ricer you can very finely mash them).
- Let stand overnight.
- Next day, put potatoes into large bowl; add all ingredients and mix together with hands.
- Flour counter space and turn potato mixture out onto floured work space.
- Flour hands and form potatoes into small 3 inch balls.
- Let stand on floured work space until ready to boil.
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Carefully drop several potato balls into boiling water.
- They will fall to bottom.
- When all have risen to the top, partially cover pot and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from water with slotted spoon and place on platter.
- Repeat until all are cooked.
- A must served with Sauerbraten- German pot roast.